Emails and files get accidentally deleted, and even if you don’t have that problem, your mac or PC might delete the files it doesn’t recognize. Delete files is one of those things we do all the time, but we’re never that conscious of the consequences. But there are many hard drive recovery services, that can recover your valuable data within a few hours.
Recovering deleted files from the trash is a simple process, and once you get used to it, you won’t have to worry about this again. We’ll show you how to recover deleted files from the trash on your Mac and PC.
Recover Deleted files from Mac trash
To recover deleted files from the trash on your Mac, follow these steps:
- Go to Finder
- Open up a folder labeled Trash
- Find the file you would like to recover in the trash and grab it.
- Wait for Finder to finish automatically emptying the trash before continuing with step 5.
- Open up a temporary folder and drag the file you recovered into it
- Repeat steps 2-5 until you have all of your deleted files back
Recover Deleted files from Windows Recycle Bin
If your computer is running Windows, you can follow these steps to recover deleted files from the trash.
- First, open up your Recycle Bin.
- Next, open up File Explorer or another file management program that allows you to view the contents of your Recycle Bin.
- Find the folder containing the file you want to recover and double-click it to open it in its native program.
- If you’re looking at the contents of the deleted file in a program like Notepad or WordPad, right-click on it and click “Copy” before continuing with step 5 below.
- Now go back to File Explorer and right-click on a blank area near the top of your screen (be careful not to move too far).
- Click “paste” in order to paste your recovered file back into its original location on your computer’s hard drive or external drives if necessary.
Recover Deleted Files from Cloud Storage
The first step is to recover deleted files from cloud storage. If you store your files in the cloud, you can always access them from any device with an internet connection. In most cases, this would be your computer and phone.
But as long as you have access to the cloud, all of your previous files are still there. This method is a good choice if you don’t know how to use the Trash file recovery feature on your Mac or PC because it will do all the hard work for you.
To recover deleted files from cloud storage, go to your browser and search for the specific service you use (e.g., Dropbox). Once found, log in to the account and then click on “Folders” or “Cloud Drive” at the top of the screen.
Next, find the specific file folder you want to restore and then click on it (e.g., Desktop). Finally, click on “Restore Files” at the bottom of the screen and select either “From Device” (if you have a laptop) or “From Storage” (if you have an iPhone).
Recover Deleted Files with a Different Operating System
If you’re using a different operating system, such as Android or iOS, check our article on how to recover deleted files from the trash. If you’re on Windows or Linux, follow these steps:
1) Open Finder
2) Navigate to the Trash.
3) Select your file and choose ‘Get Info’
4) Click ‘Restore’
5) Enter your password and click ‘Recover’
6) If you still haven’t got the file back, restart your computer and try again